Avocados are the Best Fruit Ever!

Without question, avocados are the greatest fruit on the planet! That’s right, the avocado is not a veggie or the egg of Quetzalcoatl, as many have conjectured, but a fruit. To be more specific, a berry.

Avocados are Fattening in the Best Possible Way

The avocado has more fat than any other fruit, like fruit butter. But, don’t let this deter you from eating plenty as avocados are filled with super heart healthy mono-saturated fats. This type of fat has been found to be extremely beneficial for the heart.

The avocado has also been called the “alligator pear” because of its resemblance to reptile skin and the fact that if you cut it open just right, the interior looks like a gator eye.

Regularly eating the healthy fruit can help to reduce blood pressure. One of the best ways to enjoy the avocado is to spread the spreadable meat over bread – again, just like fruit butter!

So, skip over that foul unhealthy goop called mayo or the excessive calories in common peanut butter and enjoy a slice of avocado toast. It not only tastes far better, but you will be enjoying over 20 essential nutrients. What a great way to start the day!

Guacamole is a Very Healthy Dip

Here is an important thing to know: adding the pit of the avocado to your guacamole is not the way to keep it green and fresh. The best thing to do is to add plenty of lemon or lime juice to the mixture. It is the exposure to air that turns avocados brown and the zesty justices of lime and lemon can slow this process.

And, don’t forget the many advantages of avocado oil: avocado oil is extracted from the fruit and is very much like olive oil in appearance. But, when you cook your meals with avocado oil, you are fighting off heart disease and can even prevent cancer and postpone the signs of ageing. An avocado restaurant in New York uses avocado oil in many of their meals.

Avocados are also a Terrific Source of Fibre

If you are tired of beans and brown rice for your regular fibre intake, you may consider switching to avocados. There are about 10g of fibre in the average sized avocado. 75% of the fibre is insoluble, which helps the digestive process and the other 25% is insoluble which provides the sensation of being full.

Furthermore, a study was performed that showed a salad with avocado provided 13.6 times the intake of beta-carotene from the carrots in the salad. The absorption of alpha-carotene in the lettuce was also improved by as much as 4.3 times when there was an avocado in the mixture. This is because of the presence of mono-saturated fats which improves the capacity of the body to assimilate fat-soluble carotenoid phyto-nutrients.

Avocados is the Best Butter Substitute

If you are looking to eat healthier baked goods, consider the fatty nature of avocado as a substitute for butter. That’s right chocolate chip cookies, banana bread and other baked goods are just as tasty and far healthier with avocado. You will not believe how delicious avocado brownies can be, just check out this super healthy recipe. You can even get creative and make avocado frostings.

Finally, avocados are a super source of magnesium and potassium. These two nutrients are especially important for reducing blood pressure. As a matter of fact, avocados have more magnesium than 20 of the most magnesium-rich foods, including bananas, strawberries and kiwi.